Thursday, February 4, 2010

Fame

So today I'm home sick and with nothing really appealing to me I decided to sit and watch one of the many movies that my boyfriend won't watch with me. So the choice was Fame. A wonderful remake about all the blood, sweat, and tears it takes to devote yourself to the arts.

With the point of view of several of the students, Fame showed how people from all walks of life can come together for their passion. Wether it be singing, dancing, playing an instrument, or acting all of these students worked their butts off to become successful. And I say successful based on the monologue that, Jenny (one of the students) gave on graduation night. Her definition of success really hit home and made me feel better for not being famous lol.

I chose to watch this film because I love dance. Watching people dance just evokes emotion from me that nothing else can. I wanted to watch all the dance moves and picture myself being a seasoned dancer. Of course, I soon realized that this movie wasn't just about dance.

The harsh reality of the entertainment business isn't something easy to deal with. And these characters show that. Even though Fame is geared towards a younger audience I found that my young heart loved it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment